Women Deliver is a global advocacy organization bringing together voices from around the world to call for action on maternal, sexual and reproductive health. We work globally to generate political commitment and resource investments to reduce maternal mortality and achieve universal access to reproductive health.
Our groundbreaking conferences in 2007 and 2010 were the largest of the decade to focus on the health and empowerment of girls and women. In 2010, we convened more than 3,400 people from 146 countries in Washington, DC, including 75 parliamentarians and government ministers, five UN agency heads, the UN Secretary-General and more than 100 global media outlets. Our third global conference–May 28 to 30, 2013 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia–will be even bigger and better, with more than 5,000 public and private sector participants from around the world. Our goal is to mobilize action to improve the health and well-being of girls and women everywhere.
In order to maximize participation from those traditionally under-represented, namely young people and those from the Global South, we will be offering full conference support to a select number of participants. This support includes conference registration, round-trip economy class airfare, hotel accommodations, and a fixed stipend for visa fees and other incidentals.
Deadline for all scholarships to be received is April 15, 2012 (12pm EST), with no exceptions.
Scholarship winners must:
- Attend the conference in its entirety.
- Be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing. We will have translation available at plenary sessions, but this will not be possible for all breakout sessions.
- Have regular access to email, as that will be our way of communicating with you about deadlines, registration, hotel and travel arrangements.
- Possess an interest in global development issues.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Further information HERE